Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Gracie Girl is 5

What I've taught Gracie in 5 years = What Gracie has taught me in 5 years



Be nice to others. = But don't forget to stand up for what you believe in.

Changing your clothes all day long is not acceptable. = If you like your outfit that's all that's important, not what others think.

Love your brother. = And make up easily when you fight.

Use your manners. = But sing a lot and giggle a lot.

Obey the rules. = But still strive to be yourself.

Be kind to others. = And it's ok to ask someone to be your friend.

Eat healthy foods. = But still enjoy chocolate.

Life is busy. = Take time to snuggle.

Clean up your messes. = Creativity is messy.

Try new things. = Be brave.

Daddy loves you. = It only takes a smile and a kiss to get your way with Daddy.

Gracie is so excited to be 5 today! She has picked her birthday dinner - corn, baked beans, sweet bread, and crab wontons. (we may need to add a protein in there) She's thrilled because I made her homemade brownies for her birthday. I can't wait to see her blow out 5 candles!

I love you Gracie. So much. I look into your eyes and see so much honesty, hope, and love. I'm lucky to be your mom. You are my little friend all day long.

No comments: