Monday, June 30, 2008

Boogers, Blessings, & Brownies

Ryker and Gracie were playing in Ryker's room and he came down with a gross green booger on his thumb and showed it to me. He had kept it perfectly intact all the way down the stairs. I asked him whose it was and he said it was Gracie's. Of course. She denied that it was hers. After further questioning, she did admit she sent her brother downstairs with the booger because she had gotten it out of her nose and was too busy to get rid of it.

Lexie and I use the phrase "bless your heart" to the kiddos often. As we were back in Cambridge visiting Coleton's family, Gracie used this phrase perfectly. Ryker was getting his jammies on, but didn't want Papa Wayne to help him. So Papa pretended sadness. Alas, Ryker gave in and Gracie said, "Bwess your heart, Wyker. Bwess your heart for lettin' Papa help you." It was so cute that I couldn't stop laughing. So Gracie humored me and just kept saying it.

I know Gracie loves brownies, but the girl must really, really love them because she has started to dream about them. I laid her down in bed the other night and she was mumbling, "Brownies, brownies . . . "

1 comment:

one blessed mama said...

oh i would love to hear her say "bwess your heart." how sweet!